Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chile-Cheese Rice

Logan's preschool had a luncheon for the teachers today. Parents were asked to volunteer to do one of the following:
1)  Stay in the classrooms with the kids for an hour while the teachers were at the luncheon
2)  Prepare a dish for the luncheon
3)  Do nothing
Since I normally do nothing and am much more the chef type and much, much less the preschool teacher type I volunteered to bring a side dish. I made Chile-Cheese Rice from the Grant Corner Inn Cookbook that I've written about before. The rice was great! All but one serving was left in the casserole dish when I went to pick it up this afternoon and I had a teacher ask for the recipe. So, I thought I'd share -

========================================================================

Chile-Cheese Rice

1 bunch scallions, most of green tops removed, finely chopped
1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
½ stick butter
3 cups cooked white rice
1 ¼ t salt
1 ½ cups sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) cubed Monterey jack cheese
2 cans (4-ounce) chopped green chiles, drained
½ cup (2 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 2-quart casserole dish.

In a small sauté pan sauté scallions and jalapeno in butter until softened. Stir into cooked rice; add salt, sour cream, cubed Monterey jack cheese and green chiles. Pour into prepared casserole dish; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese topping is melted and casserole is bubbly.

Serves 8.

========================================================================

This recipe would also be good with cooked and cubed chicken breast mixed in casserole-style.  I am going to make it again this weekend and serve it with Cilantro-Lime Shrimp.  Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Sharon! I will be trying this. But, now I need your Cilantro-Lime Shrimp recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds really good. I think my family will really like this. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sharon Brown! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.
    Serviced Offices in London

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was introduced to Mr. Pedro ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.
    My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer, Pedro Jerome contact email: pedroloanss@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+18632310632 to anyone looking for a loan in any market.

    ReplyDelete