Monday, October 4, 2010

An Evening With ...

Guess who I had the pleasure of seeing in person last Thursday night?  One of my imaginary friends and one of my imaginary boyfriends. Celebrity chefs Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert!  They were at a sold out show called "An Evening with Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert" at Clowes Memorial Hall at Butler University in Indianapolis.  Can you guess which one is my imaginary friend and which is my imaginary boyfriend?  If you've seen either of them on television I'm sure you can quickly figure it out.

Anthony Bourdain - my imaginary friend.  I feel like kissing him would be like licking an ashtray so I don't want to imagine him as a boyfriend. You know he'd be fun to hang out with though.


Eric Ripert - my imaginary boyfriend.  I feel like kissing him would taste like chocolate and butter and petit fours and creme brulee.


The show was just the two of them on stage discussing all things food.  Both of the men seemed in person just as you'd imagine them. Anthony is rough around the edges yet very funny.  Eric is polite and elegant and handsome.  Together they were both very entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! Glad you had a nice time!

    E+J

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read that you enjoyed it. My daughter Kate is going to the show in Portland. I so agree about the ashtray..he..he

    ReplyDelete